& Our Services
Arranging a Funeral
Simplicity Funerals can help you arrange the funeral you want for a loved one, or help make carrying out the wishes of a deceased person easier.
When a loved one dies it can not only be a sad time but also very confusing. Simplicity Funerals can help you through this time and advise and assist you to make the funeral arrangement process worry-free.
We understand death occurs at any time, day or night feel free to contact us on (03) 539 0066.
Making the best choices for you & your family
Simplicity Funerals can explain the choices available:
- The different types of ceremony, religious or otherwise
- The best location for the service: a church or chapel, at home, at the
- graveside or crematorium
- Who should officiate: a priest, minister, celebrant or family
- Whether you want to view the deceased, and viewing location
- Whether you want to have a burial or cremation
- Whether you want flowers or charitable donations
- The most appropriate funeral notice
- Casket selection
- The order of service, the choice of music and hymns
- Venue for a post-funeral get together and how to arrange it
- What other professional help is available
Taking care of all the little details
Once the choices are made, it is up to you how little or how much you would like our professional and experienced staff to help with arrangements. We can take care of the following details:
- The registration of death and necessary documentation
- Contacting appropriate burial or cremation authorities, as well as contacting the doctor, coroner or hospital and collection of certificates
- Arranging national or international transportation or repatriation within New Zealand or any other country
- Liaising with clergy or funeral celebrants, assisting with the service and organising funeral details
- The provision and preparation of the casket, which you can select from our onsite showroom
- Embalming to ensure hygienic preservation and natural presentation
- Providing viewing facilities in comfortable premises
- Ordering family flowers for the casket
- Providing transport to and from the funeral in our fleet of hearses and cars, which includes a classic Rolls Royce (available on request)
- Preparing and placing newspaper notices locally or internationally
- Arranging monumental masonry for the memorial stone
- Arranging the scattering or burial of ashes in Auckland or in other centres, as well as providing quality urns
Funerals have changed a lot in recent years. Listen below to find out how they have changed.
We welcome all enquiries about funeral costs
Please don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss your personal requirements and obtain a customised quote.